Southwest Wisconsin Technical College is excited to announce that, thanks to a grant from the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, we are able to offer free tuition to students of our new Artisanal Modern Meat Butchery program. This technical diploma is conducted over two semesters with start dates in January 2024, August 2024 and January 2025. Lectures are held online with labs conducted at SWTC Fennimore campus on Saturdays. Students will complete the following classes, certification and internship…
- First Semester: January 15 – May 17
- Introduction to the Meat Industry – 1 credit
- Humane Handling, Slaughter and Carcass Fabrication – 2 credits
- Processed Meat Manufacturing – 2 credits
- ServSafe Food Manager Certification
- 108 online lecture hours, 72 lab hours
- Second Semester: June 3 – August 2
- Meat Marketing and Merchandising – 2 credits
- Meat-Focused Internship – 3 credits
- 36 online lecture hours, 36 lab hours, 216 occupational internship hours
Students who complete this program will be prepared to directly enter careers in the meat industry or further their education in related fields such as meat science, product development or sanitation specialist.
You can find more information regarding this program and a link to the program application at https://www.swtc.edu/academics/programs/service-industry/artisanal-modern-meat-butchery. Or contact Heather Oppor, Meat Talent Program Coordinator/Instructor at email@example.com.
Click link to download the flyer. SWTC Butchery Flyer – Oct 2023